Dear VIC Members:
During most of Saturday, November 1 we will be installing significant enhancements to VIC, based on a rewrite of the code of the site. This is the most significant rewrite in the last 7 years, so please contact us if something doesn't seem to be working correctly. Please note, for the next several weeks, return calculations may not be available for ideas.
Here are a few key elements of the new site:
- Mobile Viewing - Better adaptation for viewing on different screen sizes such as smartphones and tablets
- Entering New Ideas - The ability to upload Microsoft Word document with embedded images and charts.
- Filtering Ideas - The Member Home Page will help you filter ideas with many new criteria
- Topics - You can now toggle between Ideas and Topics on the Member Home Page.
- Editing Ideas - You can now edit ideas for a very limited time period after posting, in case you see any mistakes that you'd like to quickly correct.
- Bookmark Ideas - On your Member home page you can now flag ideas that are favorites by bookmarking them.
- Message Voting - You can vote up or down message posts to help facilitate better discussions of investment ideas and topic.
- Enhanced Searching - We have improved advance search so that you can more easily search across ideas, companies, keywords, time, etc.
- Updated Navigation - We think that the new user interface makes navigating to ideas, topics and messages much easier
- More Flexible Platform - Member suggestions for improving the site will be easier to implement on the new platform.
We will be rolling out new features, edits and improvements periodically, so please send us any feedback. We we are now in a position to drive continuous improve of the site.